Please read the information below which tells you of the procedure to adopt in the event of a fire at the clubhouse.
Members: If you have guests with you please ensure you guide them to safety.
Raise the alarm and get out. Break the glass on the alarm points at exits to raise the alarm.
- Do not stop to investigate the fire or to collect valuables.
- Use your nearest escape route to get everyone out and meet at an agreed point in main car park.
- Close any doors which are open, and only open the doors you need to go through. This will help to stop the fire spreading so rapidly.
- Check doors with the back of your hand. If a door is warm, don’t open it, the fire is on the other side.
- If there is a lot of smoke, crawl along the floor as the air is cleaner.
- Once you’ve got everyone out of the building, call 999 from any phone. Give the operator your name and address.
- Don’t go back into the building for anything. If there is still someone inside, tell firefighters when they arrive – they will be able to find the person quicker and more safely than you.
- Find somewhere safe to wait for the Fire Brigade. When they arrive, try to give them as much information as possible about the fire and building.
Please click on the links below which show the various means to exit the building in the event of a fire and also the position of the 6 red safety glass fire points in the clubhouse.
If you have any questions please contact the Office.